Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Our Front Door






This is our house...

And this is the front door with an amazingly adorable rain boots wearin' boy in front.....sigh...  :)

Anyways....notice how the door does not match the shutters? and how part of the frame is painted, but only just a part? Not to mention the fact that the actual door is ugly and old, but we won't go there....

The point to all of this (because there has to be a point, right?) is that I need help!! I have painted the door three times now (all with paint I already owned since I am all about being thrifty), but it does not work for me....I want it to be a color, but I have no idea what color!  I love the look of the front door being some cheerful color and I need to get past my Type A personality issues with everything matching since that is so not in style right now...

So please - give me some ideas for what color to paint my front door - what would look good? I am totally open to suggestions...I think I will paint that boring Adirondack chair the same color as well.  Help!!

(And by the way - welcome to my very first attempt at blogging!!)



6 comments:

  1. love it Sam!
    and as for your front door, may i suggest SUPERMAN BLUE!
    i think it would be perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say Yellow, or Robin's egg, They would look fantastic:)!!!! Great Blog...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for your blog!! :) And I am style-impaired, so my door is black, like my shutters...can't wait to see what you decide to do..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote yellow or turquoise blue...kind of what Mel said-Robin's Egg... or even a nice green-you could put a stain over top to tone it down a little. I think red is way over done-be original-stand out, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving the blog! Keep it up. It really is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love black shutters and a red door! A red door is a welcoming sign to your visitors :) If you do think that red is overdone, I am a simple person and like the outside to look traditional, not too colorful. I would keep the shutters and do a black door, that is very Pottery Barn.

    ReplyDelete