Monday, August 15, 2011

A Day at the Beach












Did you notice the legs on my beefcake baby girl??

Now keep in mind that when I say it was a complete success I am not saying it was flawless - there were definitely a few moments of mayhem - like when Cameron wanted to go underwater....and when Cameron wanted to hang onto the buoys (bouys? boowees? hmm...) ...and when Cameron didn't want to go home and threw a tantrum in front of everyone...pretty much any issue we had involved Cameron - gotta love terrible two's!!

But my favorite moment of the day was when we were sitting in the car with our tailgate open waiting for daddy to come back with all our stuff - (thats right, I sat in the air-conditioning and watched Max and Ruby while he picked up every last towel, toy, and food wrapper and lugged it to the car by himself  *evil smirk*.)

A large group of people speaking spanish pulled up and Logan said to me "mommy, are they speaking spanish?" I said yes, they were and then he asked "did God make them Spanish?" I told him yes, He did, and Gavin, very seriously and in a very sure voice said "yes, he did, and God made us normal."  Needless to say - raucous laughter ensued......

Happy Monday!!




3 comments:

  1. Hahaha Gavin!! Sounds like a great day...cute pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise, some of us are normal too, me not so much though ;)
    Very cute, love the blog so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha Lilly!! i was wondering if any of my spanish friends would say anything!! i am sure you are way more normal than our whole family lol!!

    ReplyDelete