Tuesday, September 6, 2011

In the Meantime....

Hello everyone! It has been a while, I know...I've been meaning to show you all the progress I have made on the front door situation but.....then came a week in the Adirondacks without internet, a hurricane and no power for three days, and a huge storm with a tornado - you know, nothing big....

So until the time comes that I can take pictures outside without a major disaster striking I have decided to blog about what my mind has been up to lately...here goes...

I have found tons of DIY projects I want to do, including this wreath x three...


http://choosetothrive.blogspot.com/2011/08/wheat-wreath.html

it is gorgeous - so if you know of any fields of wheat around here let me know, i will make one with you! (By the way, if you read her 2011 No Money Remodel Challenge you will cry - I was blubbering like a baby while reading it and couldn't help thinking this is ME!  I could be twins with her I swear - her words were so encouraging to me....she has a wonderful heart and tons of fabulous ideas as well - check her out!!

On the topic of fabulous blogs - here is another to check out:

http://www.thriftydecorchick.com/

I first found her on rate my space (another fabulous site to check out) and absolutely fell in love with the room she designed for her son - so in love that I actually copied the wall color and hunted for the same fabric to make DIY headboards like hers...(I will show you the results later I promise)...now I am saving my pennies to buy the red star quilts to match...I don't usually copy people but couldn't help myself here - it was like I was seeing in reality the vision I had in my head for their room and couldn't piece together...she is like the best friend I have never met - check her site out, you will LOVE her....

I have way too many projects I want to do and absolutely NO time to do any of them lol!!

On another note, I am kind of !!!FREAKING!!! out because my baby boy starts kindergarten next week!! How is that even possible??  He is blissfully unaware of my craziness which is good, but I really am struggling with the idea of him getting on that big bus.......sigh......



My other baby starts preschool the same day, and if you know him at all you can understand my misgivings about that - I am praying I do not get a phone call from his teacher the first day saying he is bouncing off the walls....


I went to the dentist for the first time in (coughcoughTHREEcoughcough) years and need two fillings soon - which if you know me at all is a big deal since I am a baby about mouth pain....bring on the c-sections but for some reason fillings are terrifying - (shrugging shoulders) who knows....

I also have to have sinus surgery soon since I am constantly dealing with the nightmare that you fellow sinus sufferers deal with...only with nausea, headache, blurry vision, dizziness, stabbing ear pain, etc as well.....yuck...

So that is where we are, only with about a thousand more everyday issues that would take forever to write about and probably put you to sleep - so for now, hang in there for the updates and enjoy these few pictures!



3 comments:

  1. hugs!!! this season will pass and you will be sad when it's over, trust me. enjoy those little ones and don't worry about the many projects. i remember when i sent Nick off on a bus to helping hands preschool...an hour long drive...he was only 3 1/2. i cried like a blubbering idiot!! and i cried when each of my 3 boys went on to kindergarten. but they get through it..i think a lot more easily then we do! LOL! i love that wreath! i would love to do one with you, but i don't know of any wheat fields. and that picture of Mitch and Emmy!!!! woah! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Mare!! i know it will be fine - and he is sooo ready its not even funny...let me know if you find some wheat - we will SO make it together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that wreath!!!! it's gorgeous! and ditto Mare on the school thing...although i have to admit, even now, with the oldest in 4th grade, when they get on that bus, a part of my heart gets on the bus with them and doesn't come back until they're safe at home with me. hugs!!

    ReplyDelete